Course Learning Objectives
By the end of the course, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize the role women play in value chain and enterprise development and on the potential they represent in economic and social terms;
- Explain gender goals and objectives for value chain development distinguishing between ‘do no harm’, gender inclusion, women’s empowerment and gender transformation;
- Apply the tools and knowledge to analyse value chains from a gender perspective;
- Implement the tools and strategies for gender-specific value chain development strategies and policies;
- Describe the role of the public sector in developing policies and incentives to promote gender-sensitive value chain development and women entrepreneurship;
- Translate gender-sensitive value chain development and women entrepreneurship in to programme and projects.